Saturday, August 21, 2021

Thirstily Sober

 The Sunday Muse....gosh what a wonderful prompt! Love that kitty!  :D And god knows what I penned looking at the pic...Poor meow ...So lost!




Hic! Hic! Hic!

I just  want  a sip

Last night was very wild

My tummy is aching

Maybe the rat I ate

Still crawling!


Hic! Hic! Hic!

I miss my buddy

Who was wandering in the alley

He chased and chased and was chased

By a car on the other side of the street.

Can I have a sip

In his memory?


Hic! Hic! Hic!

She was unfaithful

And left me for a fool

He was too furry

Looks can be deceptive

I am heartbroken

Just a sip

To ease the pain!


Hic! Hic! Hic!

A heavy heart

And an aching tummy

Makes me very unsteady

Shouldn't I drown myself

In a glass of sherry?



Participating in : The Sunday Muse

24 comments:

  1. That last line really got me Sunita! Love the cat voice throughout. A fun read for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tale of many a cat at many a bar .... no doubt with a wife waiting dinner at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor kitty, life is hard and he needs a little grape drink to take the edge off! So cute, it really made me smile, and your comment on mine made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been tempted to drink away my sorrows a few times but I never did. That sounds good but I think in the end it is bad.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I didn't know what to write Jim. I just went with the flow :D

      Delete
  5. I love how you started each stanza. Poor kitten has so much to forget!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tale of every broken heart — and bad mouse sushi…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahah...well that sushi should have been gulped down with something strong :D

      Delete
  7. The suffering in cat relationships brings a lump to my throat:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing worse than wasting those nine lives, is there? Tongue in cheek, but also all true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha...to drown in liquor...not fair :P

      Delete
  9. Hiccups are a great sound effect and an interesting way to launch each stanza! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many reasons for a drink ... poor hiccoughing kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Had to a take a break after the rat line! Visceral poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The perfect picture of a cat who tries to drink away his/her problems

    ReplyDelete

 NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-28 Prompt: To  try your hand at writing a  sijo . This is a traditional Korean verse form. A sijo has three lines of 14-...