Saturday, August 14, 2021

A Song to my Beloved

The Sunday Muse



                                         "Self Portrait with Accordion" artist Guido Vedovato
 

How lonely it gets

In these lush mountains

Missing the muse of my heart...


Singing paeans to your memories

Brings flashes of happy times

The sweetly fragrant , unruly tresses

The endearing wrinkles and laughter lines

The lusciously tempting  being of yours

Enveloped in the halo of sunshine.


How lonely it gets

In these lush mountains

Missing the muse of my heart...


The haunting folk songs

You crooned in your mellifluous voice

The swirl and twirl of your skirts

And the naughty twinkle in your eyes

You breathed such freshness in my life.


How lonely it gets

In these lush mountains

Missing the muse of my heart...


The emptiness 

On the other half of the bed

Pierces during the night

I take solace in the mountains

In the company of a faithful soul

To calm my aching heart

My eyes flows, as my fingers

Move on the lingering strings.

I am waiting with a broken heart

To meet my other half on the other side.


How lonely it gets

In these lush mountains

Missing the muse of my heart...




(To be honest, didn't know what to write the moment  the prompt popped up. As it is a self portrait by the painter I thought let me write something he must be feeling  remembering his beloved ,while playing that musical instrument.)


 Participating in :   The Sunday Muse



21 comments:

  1. Yes, that seems to me to be the kind of thing he would say. I like the repeated refrain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've penned a heart-touching poem and given him quite lovely thoughts, thought longing and sad. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right Bev, his eyes spoke about that sadness :)

      Delete
  3. I like the repetition, too. It works well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful love song/poem. Someone is feeling incredibly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen. Your comment is much appreciated :)

      Delete
  5. The repeated lines add both a strength and softness to this beautiful poem Sunita! A poem of love, loss, and the songs of the heart! Lovely poetry my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Carrie for the constant encouragement :)

      Delete
  6. So tender and melancholically beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is sadness in this music, and it matches the heart in this picture, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is...the pain in his eyes will play on those strings :)

      Delete
  8. That chorus plays a heartstring every time it recurs. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. With each repeat of the refrain, you sketched with your poetry pencil: his eyes, his ears, his feet, and the music coming from his aching heart. Well done.
    Good Sunday

    Much❤love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His eyes attracted me the most. There is a layer of sadness in those orbs . Thank you,Gillena for passing by.Hope you are doing good. Take care :)

      Delete
  10. Beautiful poem of grief. No matter how lush the mountains, there is no soothing that pain :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lisa, that ambiance heightened the loss.

      Delete

 NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-28 Prompt: To  try your hand at writing a  sijo . This is a traditional Korean verse form. A sijo has three lines of 14-...