Monday, February 10, 2014

My passion

People do always wonder when I tell them that my biggest passion in life is to pursue knowledge in any form. For me there is no substitute for knowledge. If I am given an opportunity to rewind my life, I would certainly do it the right way this time without letting life's rough roads take me the other way.

I am very passionate about humanities. It ranges from history, geography, literature and world politics. This dream to pursue higher studies took root while I was a young mother of a four years old.I was already married for 10 years when I resumed the ropes of gaining knowledge  and set the ball rolling. With a determined spirit I could cross the hurdles and let knowledge lead me in the path of enlightenment. I am almost in my mid forties now and could round up my education with three post graduations.

But, the spirit of learning or gaining knowledge is not yet appeased. I have a deep desire to go for Ph.d before I hit my half century. I would certainly like to pursue Ph.d in literature in a reputed University in the United Kingdom, as this land of literature has always mesmerized me for ages. I would love to be part of Sheffield or Durham if destiny sides with my thoughts and my vagabond spirit.

Hope I cross the bridge when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  Meeting an old friend after forty years. The heart felt as if it was on a roller coaster ride. So many memories washed across an ocean of ...