Sunday, January 2, 2022

Following the Heart

 The Sunday Muse #192




I took the bait

And moved ahead

Without looking back

And here I am

Infront of the reality

Touching my soul.

I followed my heart

Not easy in these

Tiring times,

But, the odds

Couldn't stop me

And here I am

In the heart of my dreams

Embracing without fear

All that I missed.




Participating in : The Sunday Muse



(Last month I packed my bags and baggage and moved back  to a place which I have left three decades back ago. The place is not the same. The topography and demography has undergone many changes. It is going to be a real challenge adjusting to the  new environment. I am not giving up! ) 



12 comments:

  1. "I followed my dreams... now here I am in the heart of my dreams...." This reminds me of my own return to this place I missed so much while I was away. It too has changed greatly, but all the things I love about it are still here. I resonate with your poem.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More power to you, Sherry. It has only been a month and I am really enjoying myself adapting to these new challenges.:)

      Delete
  2. Looking forward without fear, doubt .. ready to embrace what comes! A great message for the new Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist the voice deep within me.So, took the plunge. Happy New Year, Helen :)

      Delete
  3. In all these times of isolation and distancing your hopes and dreams shared so beautifully here of a traveling touch us all Sunita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Carrie. Yes, dreams will only become a reality once we put them in a prespective :)

      Delete
  4. Sunita, you are showing courage in your actions. It's amazing how much a place can change in 30 years. Hoping you find your way in this old-new place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liza, Happy New Year. Yes, I am determined to hold my feet firmly on this new journey :)

      Delete

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-30 Prompt:  Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem in which the speaker is identified with, or compared to, a ...