Friday, December 13, 2013

A dreamer of Hope

I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 8th – 14th December 2013.
Day 7 of the Write Tribe Festival of Words prompt-DREAMS

Dreams! What a contradictory word. They follow us from the time we learn to accept life in its different hues. Parents dream to see their children become achievers. Children dream to fulfill these promises. A process of every changing curve of sustenance can shatter some dreams and some turns out in a heart warming reality.

I have been a dreamer as long as I remember, and have seen most of my dreams getting shattered too. Did I lose hope because of these failures? I did! I tried to compromise with the given situation, letting my dreams cocooned in some recess of my desires, deep in my heart.

Where there is a will, there is a way”. 

Maybe my dreams couldn't be shut down for a long time. They awakened from the slumber to exorcise me, to make them into a reality. I fought down my defences. It was tough, but I did. And the silver lining of achieving what seemed impossible,brought the bliss in the parched heart and a spirited soul.







Fighting to survive
On the plinth of reality
A force of unsung destiny
Like a thirsty mermaid
Searching for dreams
In the vastness.

The swirling warmth

Of the azure blush

She danced in circles

Fetching conch shells

Echoing heartbeats

Threading footfalls
Passionate dreams
A dreamer!






 

26 comments:

  1. So glad to read that you were able to make the impossible dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tough Robyn. But to get the thought to prove oneself, motives the senses :) Thank you for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. beautifully expressed your dreams... the poem was really good..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Pratikshya..some instant ramblings at 2 am to catch up with the prompt ;)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful poetry and your daughter looks soo much like you :D just something I noticed in your profile picture :-)

    Richa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Richa..ah! on my profile..well I can see a blade of grass with a lovely bloom in between :P You might have checked on my poetry blog right :D

      Delete
  4. Lovely! And that picture is awesome! "Where there is a will there is a way" - If anyone has understood this from personal experience, that stays for life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can vouch for that Nischala. Imagine continuing studies after a decade of marriage ;)It was a dream come true. Thank you for your ebullient comments.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful. Agree completely, where there's a will, there's a way. If it is important to you, you will find a way, if not, you will find an excuse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Shilpa. Determination and self-worth goes a long way to fulfil any goal :)

      Delete
  6. what a beautiful poem, Sunita.
    on the plinth of reality.
    am sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kalpana. After reading Shilpa's and your post last night I couldn't resist posting this write instantly. I usually try to post in the afternoon as I will be free. But Saturdays are busy days for me. :)

      Delete
  7. Loved the poem Sunita and am sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you portrayed a dreamer through a lovely poem. Awesome pic, really drew me into your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to see your comment Suzy. Thank you :)

      Delete
  9. Really nice poem and I so like the picture...:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Threading footfalls" ..I loved this expression!! beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Passion is what will make our dreams become a reality. Loved the way you expressed on the prompt:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vishal. They do when the heart and mind think alike :)

      Delete
  12. Your poem was breath taking. I loved it. Also simply loved the picture that you included with this post...very cool! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Kathy. I am so glad that your loved the pic :)

      Delete

  Meeting an old friend after forty years. The heart felt as if it was on a roller coaster ride. So many memories washed across an ocean of ...