Friday, April 14, 2023

I could stop if needed

 Day-14 NaPoWriMo-2023

Prompt: A Parody. 

My take: Emily Dickenson's "Because I Could not stop for Death"


                                                               pic credit: sneha


If only, I could ignore him-

He would not stop following-

The carriage had no place for both-

He can chase till eternity-


Silently- we chased each other

Without much effort

I pretended to be nice,

He managed a sweaty smile.


We passed a very dark building

The occupants- slept on the benches

Trotting the drought-ridden fields-

We passed the menacing sun-


Rather- we followed each other-

The heat was hot and humid

Couldn't bear the stinking air-

My dress wrinkled up-


We paused infront of a scary place

With banners and signposts-

The roof had no shape-

Half of it kissed the ground-


We will play -cat and mouse

Till death do us apart

The carriage and horses are still mine

Chasing is his destiny-




Participating in : NaPoWriMo-2023





No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-30 Prompt:  Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem in which the speaker is identified with, or compared to, a ...