Friday, April 23, 2021

I Carry Her Laughter In My Heart

 Day-23 NAPOWRIMO-2021

Prompt: To write a poem that responds, in some way, to another. This could be as simple as using a line or image from another poem as a jumping-off point, or it could be a more formal poetic response to the argument or ideas raised in another poem.

I  have chosen my favourite poet Kamala Das's  poem" My Grandmother's House"


                                                   image: sunita My grandmother's house.



How to put in  words the surging emotions I feel

Remembering, so much love and warmth,

In those wrinkled hands, caressing a broken soul.

A childhood, breathed in her loving arms

Forgetting all the pain, destiny had strewn in the path.

The walls of that house, still resonates with her presence

Every nook and corner, has her footprints in invisible shapes

The verdant backyard, stamped by her  tender hands

Smiles  with fragrances of fruits, vegetables and flowers

Now, when I am on a cliffhanger, I remember her the most

She touched others' lives positively with her ancient wisdom.

She has left  many fond memories to reminiscence 

When the heart is burdened and helplessness touches the soul

I let  those memories and her soft smile

Flow in my veins, to hope, and to accept, all the shades of life.




Participating in : https://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-three-7/




No comments:

Post a Comment

  Meeting an old friend after forty years. The heart felt as if it was on a roller coaster ride. So many memories washed across an ocean of ...