Thursday, April 8, 2021

The Empty Nest

 Day-8 NAPOWRIMO-2021

Prompt: A monologue.


                                                                   image:my home.


I remember that day clearly

The last day of your life

You woke up early,

Asked me to make some black tea

I got busy preparing for exams

You got busy reading a newspaper

And then the clocked chimed

We got ready to face the routine life

You went your way to work

I went to crack the examination board

I never imagined in my wildest dream

It is going to be the last day together

The contours of your swarthy face

Still make my heart ache

The death of the prime minister

Took a piece of your existence

How thin and fragile you looked

After two months of life threatening break

Hope beamed and you stood tall

You said " Everything is going to be fine"

I believed in your wise words

You couldn't have thought then

Your words  would echo in the empty air

Within a few hours after you uttered them

What I least expected happened

Death snatched you away without any call

A heart bleed with deep sadness

No words could express the ache you left

There were chaos all around

The hungry mouths cried without  a sound

Silence greeted them every day and night

They waited eagerly  for your footsteps 

To bring a smile on their faces

Don't you think it was too selfish!

To leave a bunch of teenagers 

Stranded and fend for themselves...


Participating in : https://www.napowrimo.net/day-eight-8/




No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-25 Prompt: To write a poem based on "  Proust_Questionnaire    "                                               ...