Friday, April 9, 2021

Life is not a bed of roses

 Day-9 NAPOWRIMO-2021

Prompt: A to-do list.


image:sneha


Not an easy life to be a flower

So many things to do

And so many people to impress

From morning till evening the list is too long.


First thing first.....waiting for the sun

Then letting the whorl feel the rays

Phew! Struggling to open the whorl of hues

Not yet done...have to work on the fragrance

Hmm...that will make a nice perfume.


Now, let me check the itinerary for the day

Yes, I have to get ready to adorn the gods and goddesses

It is the spring season 

The temples are brimming with worshippers

The gods will be happy enveloped in my delicate petals.


The florist is a task master..

He wants me to do so many things

Today, he wants me to help a young man

To propose to a young lady

I have to look my best

No soggy or saggy appearance.


I cannot even take a break

A beautiful lady wants to adorn me in her long tresses

To welcome her husband with the fragrant of love

Oh I forgot! A politician is about to land in the town

His sycophants' will be ready to grab me

And shower his corrupt face

And garland his bulged neck.

I have to bear that sweaty boar...Oh No!


What not I face in this journey of mine

So many things to do and so many people to impress

To end in a dustbin or get crushed under the feet....

Life is not a bed of roses even for a rose...





Participating in : https://www.napowrimo.net/day-nine-7/







No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-16 Prompt: To write a poem describing an object or place, and then end with an abstract line that has no connection with ...