Saturday, September 4, 2021

A Long Journey

 The Sunday Muse #176




Thirty six years have passed

When I crossed those

Verdant mountains

From one coast to another.


Winding through those highways

Many serpentine images flash

Peppered with spurted breakdowns,

Sprinkled with some sweet and sour moments,

Many happy memories, and lots of water under the bridge.

A lifetime of nostalgia wrapped deep in the heart.


Once in a while I rummage through those pages

To find myself, remembering a young spirited 

Innocent and vulnerable me.


Time has left many scars on the way

But, life has been  kind

All the battle marks are intact

Guiding me through the waning seasons

I smile and heal in the blushing sunset.



Participating in: The Sunday Muse

26 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh, i luv that the sunset is "blushing"
    Good Sunday

    much❤love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always does at this end ;) Thank you Gillena. Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you gave the sunset something to blush about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous--there is a thread of life and warmth in this that just wraps around me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah! That is a happy reaction. Glad to know you felt that, Chrissa :)

      Delete
  4. The road trip of life well traveled. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As they say, Life is a journey. Thank you Sherry :)

      Delete
  5. You made 'time leaving scars' incredibly relatable! Well penned.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life as related to a cross=country drive === and beautifully penned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, everything is relatable. Thank you very much Bev :)

      Delete
  7. That's some nice satisfaction at the end. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is...the final destination. Thank you,Shay :)

      Delete
  8. That was the life, Sunita. I did my travels like that a little before yours, about the time of that car in the picture. That was the time of the hippies, when we got to California we had to wear flea collars on our ankles.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you convey your memories in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those mountains worked as my muse. Thank you Marion :)

      Delete
  10. I smile and heal in the blushing sunset. Love that ending. So much life, learning, and feeling pain leading to healing. So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How aptly you summarized my thoughts, Susie! Thank you :)

      Delete
  11. Can't get through life without scars. I love your "blushing sunset".

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your affirming final stanza. It almost seems like we need those scars to get to it.

    ReplyDelete

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-30 Prompt:  Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem in which the speaker is identified with, or compared to, a ...