Sunday, October 25, 2015

My Childhood Companions

IMGADay 25,OctPoWriMo-2015.


Image google


A jar
full of memories
was more precious
than all the worldly
treasures.

We 
shared a bond
as transparent as they
my tiny bubbles
of myriad 
hues.

No doll
nor a teddy
could take their 
place.

They loved 
sharing  space
with a cricket ball, a football, 
a shuttle cock
and a hockey stick.

Best friends
we were for a long 
time.

Then-
we departed as time
weaved its net.

They too 
moved on,
finding solace and warmth,
in  the hearts,
of younger 
siblings.



16 comments:

  1. oh so cute.. generations of marble transfer..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and nostalgic response to the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brought back memories for me also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad this poem evoked some memories for you.I was a complete tomboy and played with marbles with my village boys till the age of fourteen :D

      Delete
  4. Marbles! lovely, beautiful colors and exquisite memories :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coloured marbles....a simple but beautiful memory.
    Cressida

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marbles were my favorite too! Giving them to younger siblings can be heartbreaking. Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :) My brother had a field day when he laid his hands on them :D

      Delete
  7. Marvellous poem ... it must have been very hard to give them up I think. Bastet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, but there was no other option, other than part with them :) Thank you very much, Bastet :)

      Delete

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-19 Prompt: To write,  What are you haunted by, or what haunts you? Write a poem responding to this question. Then change ...