Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Dancing Queen

NaPoWriMo-2024

Day-17

Prompt: To write a poem that is inspired by a piece of music, and that shares a title with that piece of music.


                                                             Image source: Google.


When the heart 
Is achy and  heavy,
I put on my favorite music 
And let go of the worry
Not bothered about 
What others will say or feel sorry 
It is my time to heal 
And feel my inner energy.

Breaking the barriers, 
Letting my hair loose
The music pushes away 
The innumerable ghosts
I am the queen of my freedom
I am the queen of my life.

The demons 
Don't matter anymore
The beat of my strength 
Makes me stronger
People will talk, 
People will bicker
Who cares 
When I am my own boss.

I can dance
I can sing
I can feel
The rushing of the wind
Through the soft thud of my heart.

Music heals my soul
It brings me solace
In the realm of rhapsody
I find my serenity.

I make  my memories
I am the creator of my dreams.




Participating in : NaPoWriMo-2024







No comments:

Post a Comment

 NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-29 Prompt:  A list of ten words by Taylor Swift ... we’d like to challenge you to select one of these words and write a ...