Tuesday, October 20, 2020

The Soul Soothers

 Day-20 OctPoWriMo-2020

Prompt: Touch

Form : Free Verse


PC: Sunita


Every pain 
heals
in your fragrance
Your softness rejuvenates my soul
And I realize 
I am not alone
Moving in a timeless chasm
We have short lives
 but we  live
And feel, love and rejoice
Our little joys are time bound
Still we enjoy every moment.




                                                                         Pics: Sunita


My furry friends 
are my healers.
They fill my life with wonders.
Every worry and every ache
finds solace 
in their adoring eyes.
Running hands over their soft coats
 sooth my nerves and push away the blues.
To my aching heart 
they are the balm
I bask in their unconditional love.

Participating in : http://www.octpowrimo.com/ 





2 comments:

  1. That love between you and those precious dogs comes through clearly, especially valued these days as your lines recognize the shortness of lives but the beauty of the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you this year, Beth. Thank you very much for the read :)

      Delete

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-27 Prompt: To write an American Sonnet.                                                                       P.C: Sneha ...