Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Gongura on the Tongue

 Day-21 OctPoWriMo-2020

Prompt: Taste

Form: Free Verse


                                                                 Gongura Leaves Pic:Sunita


Such power 

In those  greens

Smooth, creamy

Explosively sour

Packed with iron

And a number of vitamins

My mouth waters

As I mention its name

It comes with

So many memories and

Ancient wisdom

Wrapped in its leaves.

Jars and jars of pickles 

Adorn the kitchen walls

Mango, lemon, tomatoes and more

But, for me, these are my pride

Just a spoonful of this magic

On my plate

Enough to cause an uproar

With a mouthful of rice

The senses ripples

On the taste buds


                                                                      image: google



Participating in : http://www.octpowrimo.com/




6 comments:

 NaPoWriMo-2024 Day=24 Prompt:  to write a poem that begins with a line from another poem (not necessarily the first one), but then goes els...