Thursday, October 15, 2020

Drifting

 Day-15 OctPoWriMo2020

Prompt: Change of Perspective

Form : Free Verse 


                                                                             artbysunita




Drifting I am
In my shadow
A broken spirit
I carry
In a broken body
My skin has stopped
The taste of life
The eyes are still
The fire is dead
What have I become?
This is not me
Struggling everyday
To find myself
In the moving frames
I end up again
And again 
Hugging the
Dark walls
Of my cage...

Participating in :  http://www.octpowrimo.com/




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am trying very hard to stay positive, but the wheels of destiny are taking their revenge. Thank you for the read, Angela :)

      Delete
  2. oh so touching... Drifting actually enveloped me.... :)

    ReplyDelete

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-30 Prompt:  Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem in which the speaker is identified with, or compared to, a ...