Friday, April 5, 2024

Happiness

NaPoWriMo-2024

Day-5

Prompt:  To read Alicia Ostriker's poem " The Blessing of the Old Woman, the Tulip, and the Dog" and write a poem taking it as an example. My muses are, my four-year-old nephew. my pets and a baby squirrel


                                                                 Pic source : Sunita Prasad

Happiness!
Tiny hands make 
Colourful bouquet
A huge smile lights up.


Happiness!
Two pairs of eager eyes
Wagging tails with joy
Mother walks in.

Happiness!
An imp of  a baby squirrel
Runs up and down the tree
A squealing sound follows.



Participating in: NaPoWriMo-2024








1 comment:

  1. That has to be a beagle, ours was like that. Thank you for sharing and also coming to my write. Long time no hear, I'm glad you are still writing.
    My "Happy Beagle Dog Greeting,. . . " YouTube,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qGUaj8Jb60
    ..

    ReplyDelete

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-30 Prompt:  Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem in which the speaker is identified with, or compared to, a ...