Tuesday, April 2, 2024

My Beloved

 NaPoWriMo-2024

Day-2

Prompt: To write a platonic poem. The poem should be directly written to the object of your affection and describe at least three memories of engaging with that person/thing.

I am taking my beautiful village as my object of affection.


                                                           image source: Sunita Prasad


You are my love
My lifeline.
Every breath I take
Revolves around you
My heart beats in your arms.
I shiver with joy
When you hold me in your arms
The softness of your bosom
Heals every pain of mine.
My childhood flowered
In your flowing streams of love
My adolescence fluttered
In the waves of your loving gaze
You wooed and consoled
When my heart felt the restless beats.
My darling! You have soaked
Every ounce of my existence
In the gossamer embrace of acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-30 Prompt:  Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem in which the speaker is identified with, or compared to, a ...