Sunday, April 21, 2024

Blue! The Lifeline

NaPoWriMo-2024

Day-21

Prompt: Write a poem that repeats or focuses on a single color.


                                                                       Pic credit: Sunita


Blue, like life

Cruises in my heart and soul

It caresses my senses 

Through the racing seasons.

In childhood it inked and

Danced on the sprinkled uniforms.

My wardrobe filled with sarees is dotted 

With varied blue shades.

The mundanest of the things

Are filled with splashes of blue.

Blue, like the ocean

Touches my stormy emotions

I breathe the waves on the sandy dunes

The blue sky brings serenity

A whispering silence wraps, in

A flagship of stability.

I look around to find peace

In the wisdom of the smallest  things

As I stroll in the garden

The smiling blue  peas greet my senses

The blue wildflowers, the bluebirds perched on the trees,

The bluest of sun-kissed skies

Fill my life with wonder in enchanting moments.

Peace and serenity touch my life 

Wrapped in the most beautiful blue shades.

    


  

Participating in: NaPoWriMo-2024




No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-30 Prompt:  Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem in which the speaker is identified with, or compared to, a ...