Thursday, April 25, 2024

Truth Prevails

NaPoWriMo-2024

Day-25

Prompt: To write a poem based on " Proust_Questionnaire   "


                                                                   Photograph by Sunita


To be one with nature

Not to be there when someone is in danger

Conflicts are not my cup of tea

Betrayal cuts me into two

The apple didn't fall far away from the tree

Waking up, after the sun has moved across the horizon

Racing against menopausal blues

Relationships are faceless

When the piece of cake in the fridge winks at midnight

The mirror never  lies

Filibuster gives me piles

Honesty thy name 

Simplicity is the best attire

Literally, too many

My wagtails rule my heart

In the pigtail days

To play with colors

To have parents who cared

Facing every adversity with a smile

A rebirth of self

Where the heart is at peace

An old watch

Lying, witch

To teach, to share 

Honesty is a dare

Acceptance, I swear

The Bard leads, Hardy behind, and Marlowe follows.

Henchard, my friend, life is not easy guilt-ridden

The Fakir who inspired the world

Presently, searching for a needle in a haystack my lord!

Affection, a piece of my flesh

Procrastination, but, a blind follower

Couldn't say goodbye before he crossed over

Quietly in sleep, without any burden

Don't harm anybody, be sensible.





Participating in : NAPOWRIMO-2024

















No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-30 Prompt:  Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem in which the speaker is identified with, or compared to, a ...