Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Crowing Glory

 Day-5 NaPoWriMo-2022

Prompt: To write a poem about a mythical person or creature doing something unusual. My creature is a crow who has taken the characteristics of a cuckoo.


 pic of a crow:source internet


I woke up with a start
A hushed silence pierced through
What was that sound
So sweet and melodious?
Again, I let my soul wander
For that momentary pleasure!

Ah!! It came from my backyard
Concealed among the foliage
Such bliss in the voice
Serenading the morn galore
Dark and small it looked beyond!

I peeped through my window
Craning my neck to view
What a contradictory sight
Dark and melody entwined
In one of god's own miracles!

Ah!! the branches cradled
The beautiful voice
Among its midst atop
And lo behold!!
I gave a cry of pleasure
To see the king of melody
Nestled among the greens!

The sweetest voice
Of the dark countenance
Held me in its maze
And worked as an antidote
Against the darkened clouds of my soul!



Participating in : NaPoWriMo-2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-30 Prompt:  Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem in which the speaker is identified with, or compared to, a ...