Monday, April 18, 2022

My Choices

 Day-19 NaPoWriMo-2022

Prompt: To write a poem that starts with a command.


                                                               image source: google


Look! Leave me alone!

Don't preach to me about finding happiness,

It is just a reflection of a mirage;

Let my thoughts fill my space, before,

The last frontiers befall. 

Don't even bother to tell me to be sensible,

My desperate attempt at tranquility

Is a loss of faith and belief;

It has created unseen barriers. 

Stay away! Let me be in peace. 

My silent world is filled with broken promises

I will find comfort, in the arms of inked

Words, incomplete thoughts, and blank verses.



Participating in : NaPoWriMo-2022




4 comments:

  1. Don't preach me about finding happiness. I'd say that to so many. The angst comes through beautifully.
    Sonia from https://soniadogra.com

    ReplyDelete

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-30 Prompt:  Today, we’d like to challenge you to write a poem in which the speaker is identified with, or compared to, a ...