Thursday, April 16, 2020

Salt on my Skin

Day-16 NaPoWriMo-2020
Prompt: On the top praise

                                                          Watercolor painting by Govind Silimkhan

In these bleak times

My heart yearns

For the countryside

I imagine myself

Under the coconut tree

Looking into the vast sea

As the waves lap my feet

The sun kisses my face

From a distance.

I wish,

To fall in love again

Carefree in a paradise

Relaxing and feeling alive

Under the canopy of  palms

Brushing away all the blues 

To smell, to feel the view

The breeze soothing my soul

The aroma of festive seasons

The pearly verdant fields

The nooks and corners

The beautiful architecture

The ancient vibe

The camaraderie of being alive

The towering sentinels on the east

The luscious beaches on the west

Miss them all, the milestones-

Colorful and bohemian 

The rhythm of my village

It has been a good life

In the periphery, of the present tense

But, I miss home sometimes

To visit the childhood jaunts

And, to the resting place of my father.




Participating in: http://www.napowrimo.net/day-sixteen-7/





No comments:

Post a Comment

  Meeting an old friend after forty years. The heart felt as if it was on a roller coaster ride. So many memories washed across an ocean of ...