Sunday, April 19, 2020

Walking with Time

Day-19 NaPoWriMo-2020
Prompt: "Walking Archive"

                                                                  A 30 years old memory



In the hours of solitude

I rummage 

Through many memories.

There is an air, for attention,

In the empty spaces

From the books,

To the old photos-

A few sepia frames 

On the walls too.

Merged with times

Some orphaned curios

In some corner of the

Tables and mantles. 

A chipped glass

An old bowl

A handle of a pot

In an isolated corner!

All these 

Gaze at me

As I move from

One room to another

Urging, to touch them

To feel them.

There is a need

In the static shapes and sizes

As lost children

What else to do!

These are my timekeepers

Whom I have discarded

Nearly forgotten,

In my busy world

And now!

In a quarantined lair

I caress them

To feel alive...



Participating in: http://www.napowrimo.net/day-nineteen-5/



No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-23 Prompt: To write about a superhero. Painting by Sunita I don't have enough words To describe you I only know that ...