Wednesday, April 1, 2020

The Morning Visitors

NaPoWriMo-2020
Prompt: Early Bird

                                                                      Image:google



Every morning
While sipping my tea
Two little finches
Visit me everyday
They hover over
The petunias
The rose bushes
Chirping sweet nothings.

Watching them
Gathering food
My eyes dance
To experience
Such magic
Fluttering in my balcony
Bringing joy to my soul
Sometimes they
Dance and prance
On the clothesline
Their freedom
Makes me realize
My life is futile.

I have burdened
Their existence
With my selfish nature
Now, at this moment
While reeling
Between today and tomorrow
When destiny
Hangs on a crisis
Realization hits
I am just
A speck of dust.


Participating in :http://www.napowrimo.net/


No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-23 Prompt: To write about a superhero. Painting by Sunita I don't have enough words To describe you I only know that ...