Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Peace

Day-31 OctPoWriMo-2019
Prompt: Peace
Form: Free Verse


                                                                          image: source


In contemplation
I penned many words
To make peace with self
This journey is my annual pilgrimage
A journey that cleanses my clogged thoughts

Through dark nights and changeling phase
From womb to a cage
Many doorways opened in the blue
Sometimes the tongue tasted the scent
Sometimes the eyes touched and felt
Walking through the silent noise
Hugging a tree and mother earth
Accompanied by mother, father, and family.

Disappointment in the purple shades
Taking solace in mountains and oceans
Screaming in the wind
Mending broken pieces
In the company of my fur babies
Breathing in the white lies
Pleasing in unspoken words

From how did I get here?
To mending the broken pieces
My soul touched the lightness of being
Questioning many times "WHO AM I?
Words came to my rescue
Words in many shapes and sizes
Touched me, consoled me 
Words, an antidote
To my poisoned wounds









Participating in : OctPoWriMo-2019





6 comments:

  1. That is lovely Sunita. A poetic summary of your journey through the month.
    And what a pilgrimage it's been for us all.
    In one way I am happy to end it - the constraint and all - yet in another , I will miss the daily get together
    with other poets and their thoughts and stretching myself, a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Sunita! You encapsulated the entire month through the prompts so beautifully. I hope writing has eased away some turmoil. See you again next October. Till then, much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunita, I love this tribute to the poetic topics of this year's OctPoWriMo. I've enjoyed the healing journey over the month also. Take care and see you on the poetry trail next year!

    ReplyDelete

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-19 Prompt: To write,  What are you haunted by, or what haunts you? Write a poem responding to this question. Then change ...