Sunday, October 7, 2018

Waiting for a Reply

Day-7 OctPoWriMo-2018
Prompt:Unsent Letters




Dear B,

Every day is full of sunshine.
The birds chirp in their nests
There are the scented blooms
Which assail my senses all the times
There is a rush to finish so many errands.
Life moves on at its own pace
And I adhere to the robotic race
And then...when the heart is crushed
I wake up with an emptiness, missing you,
Wishing you were around, giving me that warm hug,
Erasing my pain, providing solace. How I miss you!
There are times when I feel your presence
Telling me, be strong don’t give up
There are times, I feel a vacuum
I call out your name, to find some base
Nothing happens,

The darkness in my heart
Is greeted by an eerie silence.

Yours heartbroken...


4 comments:

  1. This is heartwrenchingly beautiful. Can totally identify with your feelings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one pain I carry to my grave. I lost him 35 years back ago.

      Delete
  2. The emotions are so strong, they're palpable. You are very good at making the reader feel the loss, longing, and sadness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I penned what I was feeling.Cannot manipulate that part of life. Only words provide solace once in a while :) Thank you for the heartwarming comment :)

      Delete

  Meeting an old friend after forty years. The heart felt as if it was on a roller coaster ride. So many memories washed across an ocean of ...