Saturday, October 6, 2018

Love is a Mirage


Day-6 OctPoWriMo
Prompt: Conquered (Rondeau)


Beware, my dear! Don't fall in love,
Without the signs from far above,
When hearts meet and feel the beat
There is the force to reckon with
The same fate met by Adam and Eve.

Love crushes and makes shed tears
While trying to mend the aching hearts
Too many doors to open and feel free.
Beware, my dear!

The lovers take risk all the way
But there is a thin layer made of clay
A battle that cannot be conquered
Dreamers, who are forever doomed
It is a not a victory when emotions play...
Beware, my dear!


Participating in http://www.octpowrimo.com/2018/10/day-6-conquered.html


6 comments:

  1. I like the way you pulled this together. My favorite line, "But there is a thin layer made of clay."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not easy as I was running behind time. Just managed to catch up late in the night. Thank you Lili :)

      Delete
  2. Good work on the Rondeau. You captured the essence of the title so well

    ReplyDelete

  Meeting an old friend after forty years. The heart felt as if it was on a roller coaster ride. So many memories washed across an ocean of ...