Monday, April 15, 2019

My Mystic!The Enlightened One!

Day-15 NaPoWriMo-2019
Day-15 A to Z Challenge'
Form: A monologue

(When Yashodara(wife of Gautham Buddha) meets the Enlightened sage after six years. What must be going through her mind? I am just trying to imagine what she would have said .)




                                                                        image Sneha




Do not touch my fate, My Lord!
You left an aching me, and 
A suckling piece of you
That moment, that dark night.

The worldly world of mortals
A burden you carried too long
Without turning back, you realized
Everything a shell of empty wants.

And now, you come, a total stranger
Walking through the dust of human milk
How generous! We are just living beings
Without the trinkets, we are nothing.

In an invisible robe, Oh you noble one! with
A peaceful smile on your face
You trampled on many broken hearts
Oh! enlightened one! Did it hurt?

Was it worth? To wear saffron for gold?
The little motifs, those on the palace walls
Has your name carved in precious stones-
Where am I?

Was not my sacrifice good enough?
I wore my loneliness
In the waxing and waning moons, with
A little hope and wailing desires.

A little piece of you clung
At my breast, a memory,
Your memory, your reflection
His eyes reflected a sage.

A provider of his mother’s womb
The nights were longer, when
You wandered in search of truth
I burned in shadows, a wingless moth.

Do not touch my strings, My Lord!
I have bled enough for ages
The wells have dried up
Washing the human sins.





Participating in : NaPoWriMo-2019,   A to Z Challenge-2019




No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-25 Prompt: To write a poem based on "  Proust_Questionnaire    "                                               ...