Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Ourselves (My Old blog Laments)

Day-17 NaPoWriMo-2019/A to Z Challenge 2019
Prompt : (To write a poem that similarly presents an unusual point of view)
Video Prompt: Lily Myers " Shrinking Women" 






Why did you forget me?
Why such indifference?
I have been with you for a decade
Now you treat me as a second-class citizen
Remember,  those early days?
How you used to pour your heart and soul
On my blank pages
Those harrowing times
When you tried to hide your scars
The world could only see your happy smile
We have spent days and nights talking to each other
What has made you ignore me?
I know you have started a new blog
Where you spend most of the time
I do miss you,  please do come sometimes
Write something here too.

We are old pals, right?
Our friendship has bonded
Over many dark nights and aching hearts
You typed and I embossed
I remember how you poured love and life
Frustrations and strides in equal measures
Sometimes you will act naughty and write a funny ditty
Sometimes that madness of cricket frenzy
I have waited many hours and days for a glimpse of you
Why don’t we come together again and make the same music?
The music of words, fill my pages with your thoughts
With moments of sweet passions, you and I.



Participating in : NaPoWriMo-2019 / A to Z Challenge-2019



4 comments:

 NaPoWriMo-2024 Day=24 Prompt:  to write a poem that begins with a line from another poem (not necessarily the first one), but then goes els...