Friday, April 12, 2019

Oscillations

Day-11 NaPoWriMo-2019


                                                                    Cortalim-the origin



I oscillate between two coasts
A happy coast and a survival buoy
One has my heart and the other my body


The  past and present hangs
On the old and the new bridge
The difference is not much
Just a little space in between
And many forgotten dreams.

When your wings are clipped
You don’t have a home
Your body  sighs in an hourglass
Counting the sand particles
Making tiny holes.

In the hour of solitude
The mind goes wandering
To those half-broken promises
The heartbeat stops 
At the beautiful sunny beaches
Breathing the swaying palms 
Tasting the salt of caressing waves
The fragrance of  rice stalks
And a childhood, dancing,
On the foothills.


In the narrow lanes 
Of rustic life, here and there
I still taste and smell,  
The profusion of colors and the wild berries
So many memories jostling through
The soft breeze of the other coast
Visits me once in a while,
On another coast, in my happy dreams.

Another coast, 
Adorned with nature's glory, to breathe in
A home far away from home
Balancing survival instincts a skill.

But, I still desire the origin of my being...






Participating in:NaPoWriMo-2019



No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-23 Prompt: To write about a superhero. Painting by Sunita I don't have enough words To describe you I only know that ...