Saturday, April 27, 2019

Sonnetography

Day-27 NaPoWriMo 2019
Prompt: Shakespeare's Sonnet's "Remix"

I have taken a few lines of Sonnet 130 and did my best to find some semblance to this madness :D 





My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun;
The power of eyeliners was unheard
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;
Silicon implants were not in demand.

Coral is far more red; then her lips red;
There were no brands like Chanel or Dior
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head;
That style needs no penny but a hefty dollar.

But no such roses. do I see in her cheeks;
Beetroot supplement couldn't bring that pink
Than in the breath that from my mistress reeks;
Some minted mouthwash would have done the trick.

And yet by heaven. I think my love is rare
Oh, Sire! Centuries will come and go, no match for your love compare.



Participating in: NaPoWriMo-2019


1 comment:

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-26                                                                  Pic credit: Sunita Prasad The summers were never so w...