Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Mother May I ?

Day-15 OctPoWriMo-2019
Prompt: Mother May 1 ?
Form: Free verse

                                                                                 image:google


Mother,

May I bare my soul?

Decades have gone by

When I remember 

The aching adolescent

There were days 

I felt I knew

There were days 

I wished you cared

I couldn't match you

I didn't choose to be so

Those taunts

Made me stronger

It became easy

To survive in the unfolding world

That ache remained

Through seasons after seasons

I am a mother now

The grey, I do sport proudly

I don't worry about how I look

I do understand, not completely

But I do!

We have moved many mountains

We have faced many storms

You have changed so have I

We are balancing the past

And making a better future

I cannot ignore your presence

I am part of you and so you are mine.



Participating in: OctPoWriMo-2019



No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-27 Prompt: To write an American Sonnet.                                                                       P.C: Sneha ...