Monday, October 14, 2019

Earth

Day-14 OctPoWriMo-2019
Prompt: Earth
Form: Free Verse

 Image: Somu


The rivers 
The forests
The trees
The mountains
The meadows
These are my treasures
Protect them
For you and for your children.

I nurture you
I give you life
I look for you 
You exist
As long as I exist.

Man, wake up!
I am weeping
As you are raping
My wings are broken
Let me breathe
Do not ravage my womb
Do not dig your own grave
Love for me keeps you alive
You won't stand a chance
If I take things in my hands.

Man, wake up! Think! Act wisely!



Participating in:OctPoWriMo-2019


8 comments:

  1. We don't listen. We think everything is ours, absolutely everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Jane. We never learn that greediness has its consequences.

      Delete
  2. We certainly need to heed this advice! Heartfelt, Sunita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If everyone was mindful , and did a little. ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. We are too cocooned in our comfort zone. Thank you, Grams :)

      Delete
  4. Our materialistic greed has brought us to this brink and some still do not see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think, we won't act till our soul crushes.

      Delete

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-27 Prompt: To write an American Sonnet.                                                                       P.C: Sneha ...