Friday, October 4, 2019

Doors

Day-5 OctPoWriMo-2019

Prompt: Doors

Form: Free Verse

(I wrote this poem some 10 years back ago. I am posting it again for today's prompt)






Doors,
Those darkened
Varnished immobile
Source of entrance and exit.

Doors,
Solid and beautified
Portals imitating sentries
Sepia shaded with times.

Doors,
Filling with sunshine
And the darkness too
As the umbra sets in inertia.

Doors,
Coming and going
Of breath and breathless
Whiffs of rancid and turbid.

Doors,
The strong walls
Of pain and molasses
Painted with lifeless glasses.


Doors,
The sentinels of hope
Filled with fragrance
An arch of invading dreams.

Sometimes they do open with a thud, and
Sometimes they shut off silently.......why?



Participating in: OctPoWriMo-2019



6 comments:

  1. You have breathed life into doors, Sunita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feel that doors are powerful objects. Thank you Punam :)

      Delete
  2. I like the flow of your poem, Sunita. The doors at the front of each stanza are like heartbeats to me.
    Jade Li at http://tao-talk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have their role to play in our life. Open and shut for a cause. Thank you, Jade for the appreciation :)

      Delete
  3. That picture! Doors are a great inspiration. I love that you shared this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad, I could post it again. One of my earliest poems. Thank you very much, Angela :)

      Delete

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-27 Prompt: To write an American Sonnet.                                                                       P.C: Sneha ...