Wednesday, October 9, 2019

What do you see?

Day-9 OctPoWriMo-2019

Prompt: Eyes

Form: Free Verse.

                                                                       image: sneha

What do I see?
How do I see it?
I see a lot inside and outside of me
I see many ways and shades of life
I see life blooming in my little space
I see thirsty beings hovering around
I see the blazing sunsets and the drizzling rains
I see the seasons doing somersaults 
Yes, I see a lot in nature

But, what about human nature?
What do my eyes absorb in?
Aah! There lies the crux of the matter
The window to the perspective behaviors.

I see life through a kaleidoscope 
I see sugar-coated lies
I see honeycombed betrayal
I see sarcasm wrapped in a smile
I even see the hunger in the eyes of known and unknown.

I also get to see the hardened hearts and minds
I see angels left homeless
I see children separated from a womb
I see money rules the world
I see weapons are dearer than the earth
I see the eroding jungles and mercenary leaders

Alas! I see a lot and hardly do anything
Whatever happens, is none of my business
I close my eyes and live happily in my safe haven
I didn't hurt anyone and so my conscience is clear.
What an irony!!!


Participating in:OctPoWriMo-2019




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful .
    We are all guilty of not doing enough ( or anything sometimes).
    And another irony.
    The smallest act of kindness goes a long way...

    ReplyDelete

NaPoWriMo-2024 Day-27 Prompt: To write an American Sonnet.                                                                       P.C: Sneha ...