Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Who am I?

Day-30 OctPoWriMo-2019
Prompt: Who am I?
Form: Free Verse.

                                                             
                                                                        image:Sneha

I look in the mirror
Asking myself
Who am I?
The little shadows
Under the eyes
A few wrinkles
On the brow
Specks of salt and pepper
Is that who am I? 
I am much more...
I am too honest
I am a mirage
I am an oasis
I am the peaks
I am the abyss
I am intimidating 
I am caring
I break into many pieces
I mend through the rough edges
Sometimes I believe
Sometimes I lose hope
My moods 
Are like seasons
My skin is scarred
My soul is broken
Still, I am strong
I wear my medals with pride
With a cup of sweet tea
A few dreams in my eyes
I look at the sunrise and sunset
Making my leisure time
Accept me with all my faults
I am...
A woman ...



Participating in : OctPoWriMo-2019




1 comment:

  1. Love this, Sunita and I am so glad I met this woman of substance on this poetic journey!

    ReplyDelete

  Meeting an old friend after forty years. The heart felt as if it was on a roller coaster ride. So many memories washed across an ocean of ...